Google Workspace Security
This is part of the Google Workspace Administration Specialization
Google Workspace Security is the third course in the Google Workspace Administration series.
This course is focused on the various aspects of Google Workspace Security including user password policies and how to enable and enforce two step verification (2SV) for our users. We learned about application security and understood how to whitelist and block API access to our account. We’ve seen how Google Workspace can easily be integrated with a number of predefined 3rd party applications. We also became familiar with the SSO options in Google Workspace. Finally we understood how to spot potential security risks within your organization and learned how to address them using the tools available in the admin console.
- Configure Google’s default user protection settings such as password policies and recovery options.
- Restrict access to a Google service to trusted applications only to prevent malicious attacks on that service.
- Manage the Google Workspace Marketplace for your organization to ensure only trusted applications can be installed on our devices.
- Understand the SSO options available and be able to identify the differences between using Google as an Identity Provider versus a 3rd party provider.
- Be able to integrate cloud based enterprise SAML applications into our Google Workspace account using Google as the Identity Provider.
- Understand how to integrate our own LDAP compliant applications into Google Workspace using the Secure LDAP service.
- Use the security and alert centers to identify, triage, and take action on security and privacy issues in the organization.
- Understand best practices for implementing and enforcing 2-step verification in the organization.