Reliable Google Cloud Infrastructure: Design and Process
This is part of SRE and DevOps Engineer with Google Cloud Professional Specialization
This course equipped us to build highly reliable and efficient solutions on Google Cloud using proven design patterns. It is a continuation of the Architecting with Google Compute Engine and Architecting with Google Kubernetes Engine courses and assumes hands-on experience with the technologies covered in both courses. Through a combination of presentations, design activities, and hands-on labs, we learned to define and balance business and technical requirements to design Google Cloud deployments that are highly reliable, highly available, secure, and cost-effective.
- Secure cloud applications, data, and infrastructure.
- Apply a tool set of questions, techniques, and design considerations.
- Decompose application requirements to find the right microservice boundaries.
- Define application requirements and express them objectively as KPIs, SLOs and SLIs.
- Leverage Google Cloud developer tools to set up modern, automated deployment pipelines.
- Implement reliable, scalable, resilient applications balancing key performance metrics with cost.
- Choose the appropriate Cloud Storage services based on application requirements.
- Choose the right Google Cloud deployment services for our applications.
- Monitor service level objectives and costs using Google Cloud tools.
- Architect cloud and hybrid networks.
Skills: Disaster Recovery, Site Reliability Engineering, Google Cloud Platform, Cloud Computing