System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services
This is part of the Google IT Support Professional Specialization
This course transition IT specialists from working on a single computer to an entire fleet. Systems administration is the field of IT that’s responsible for maintaining reliable computers systems in a multi-user environment. In this course, we learn about the infrastructure services that keep all organizations, big and small, up and running. We deep dive on cloud so that we understand everything from typical cloud infrastructure setups to how to manage cloud resources. We also learn how to manage and configure servers and how to use industry tools to manage computers, user information, and user productivity. Finally, we learn how to recover the organization’s IT infrastructure in the event of a disaster.
- Choose and manage the tools that the organization will use.
- Understand how to make the most of the cloud for the organization.
- Utilize best practices for choosing hardware, vendors, and services for the organization.
- Understand how the most common infrastructure services that keep an organization running work, and how to manage infrastructure servers.
- Manage an organization’s computers and users using the directory services, Active Directory, and OpenLDAP.
- Backup the organization’s data and know how to recover the IT infrastructure in the case of a disaster.
- Utilize systems administration knowledge to plan and improve processes for IT environments.
Skills: Directory Service, Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), Backup